13 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

German Chocolate Brownies

To contact us Click HERE

I love chocolate, and I love coconut, so any dessert that combines the two is extra special to me!  A while back I pinned this delicious recipe (from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen) and I knew they would quickly become a family favorite.  I’ve made them several times over the past few months… but each time we (ok, mostly I) eat them all before I have a chance to take any photos!  For Memorial Day weekend I needed to make some treats to bring to a family BBQ, and I knew these would be perfect!  They are easy to make, easy to transport, and oh so delicious!

Print

German Chocolate Brownies

Yield: 16 small/medium brownies

Ingredients:

Brownies-
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Topping-
2 egg whites
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Line an 8"x8" (or 9"x9") square baking pan with parchment paper (or line with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray).

2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add in the flour and stir until it's just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan, smoothing as needed with a spatula.

4. In a medium bowl combine topping ingredients. Stir until well combined.

5. Spread topping over brownie batter, then bake brownies for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.

6. Cool brownies on a wire cooling rack, remove from pan and cut as desired.

Recipe Source- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

Love coconut?  You’re sure to love my Coconut Snoballs and Pina Colada Cupcakes.

Not a coconut lover?  Try my Fudge Mint Brownies, they’re always a big hit!

Happy Baking!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder