27 Eylül 2012 Perşembe

Let them eat Cake- Marie Antoinette Bridal Shower

To contact us Click HERE


Marie Antoinette's famous line- Let me Eat Cake inspired our Eat More Cake collection. We put a modern twist on Let them Eat Cake- Eat More Cake! I wanted to create a rustic elegance fit for the "Future Mrs."...  Marie Antoinette often went to her cottage on the edge of the Versailles property. This is where she felt free and really enjoyed going. So I wanted to show that through this bridal shower. I didn't want it stuffy or overly rich, but a simple elegance. Something with a rustic touch, but still glamourous.... we are talking about Marie Antoinette! To achieve the juxtaposition between elegance and rustic I used soft colors and fruit and flowers to bring in the rustic element. I was influenced by the architecture of that time and the Rococo color schemes of the soft pale colors.



For the desserts, obviously cake and more cake and french pastries and fine desserts. Fruits garnishing each platter with candy for pops of colors.  

A pile of cream puffs and raspberry meringues. I added fruit and dipped strawberries for garnish. 


When I went to Europe last year I realized how many places they placed their initials of royalty.... so I wanted to add that personalization to this royal affair. I made small chocolate "K's" and placed one on each dipped strawberry.... I wanted the strawberries to be more fun and girly so I dipped in pink chocolate! To get this color I added some yellow chocolate as well so it was a more warm pink. Purple dipped strawberries would be really cute also... maybe next time!



Chocolate cake with raspberry filling with powdered sugar on top. This is really easy to do! When your cake is hot (I filled flipped this one upside down because I wasn't frosting it) poke small holes, but not going all the way through. Spread jam (any flavor you want) and it make the most wonderful, moist cake you have ever had!





Eat More Cake! We had many different cakes


I wanted to create a rustic garden/ cottage feel so I added berries and woodsy flowers. Pale colored roses in the centerpieces to give that perfect balance of rustic and soft elegance.



And of course we had to have cupcakes. We topped ours with our printable flags and mini chocolate wedding cakes or fresh fruit and candy pearls.


The fruit cupcake were displayed on glass stands. At the bottom of each they were garnished with fruit and flowers





Easy fruit tarts. Simple make a round sugar cookies and frost them with cream cheese frosting. Add berries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They were my favorite item!


Oatmeal cookies with white chunk chocolate chips and craison with our favor toppers   


We had many different favors for the guest to choose from. We had these fun clear pillow boxes filled with "gold coins" and pretty paper boxes filled with a mini wedding cake for each guest. I use our favor tags for both way. There are many applications!  


The decorations:


We had small bundles of pale colored roses on the dessert table and as the centerpieces for all the tables


We made another false ceiling.... you might remember our balloon false ceiling. This time I wanted to create a way to bring softness to the dessert table. We used rufflefabric to accomplish this. We used a variety of types: mini, 1" and 2" to create texture and another added softness. For the sides we draped white mini ruffle fabric. 



The table had a white table cloth and then draped with a pale pink tulle. I wanted a swooping feel so I gathered it on one end and then just slightly gathered it on the other end. On the end where I gathered the the tulle up I made a tulle embellishment and added pink flowers to the side. Then I draped mini pom poms with our banner




Our Banner- Eat More Cake!















Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder