22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

I Dig you Construction Birthday Party


Here is our I dig you Construction Birthday party collection! I have been wanting to create this collection for a while, but when I went to Chicago a couple months ago I found the best item that sent my creative mind swirling..... I just had to create something with these amazing strawz I found at The Art Insititute. I also found them on Amazon here, so everyone can purchase them.



I wanted the party to look like they were on a construction site, with the caution tape all over and detour signs up. I played on the words of "Men Working" and "Detour", but our detour sign said- Detour: birthday in progress.



The first item that I just knew I had to incorporate in this collection was the "barricade" food tents! I just fell in love with them. They are very easy to assemble and will make any treat or construction dessert that much more tempting! These food labels add that extra special detail to your construction party.




I created a different pedestal using my small 6" mosser glass cake stand, but flipped it upside down so the smaller portion was up. Then I placed these cool square plates I bought at CB2. I really like how they turned out and gave a little more color to the pedestals.


I really have some easy to assemble treats, as I just added a lot of our Construction party printables to accent and show off some of my favorite candies I found!


I found these little front loaders at a Grocery store with candy rocks filled inside. I created a mini scene with a tray upside down as it had a little lip. I crushed up chocolate wafers as the "dirt" and even filled some of the loaders with it to make it more realistic looking.




As I thought about the items that would be in a tool box a measuring tape is a must..... then it struck me- the best "measuring tape" would be 6 foot bubble gum! It was a huge hit with the kids! {Please note: these do not come personalized, but left blank for you to add the kids names in. Personalization is available for and additional charge.}


Cone favor boxes



When I found these sucker wrenches I knew my collection would be complete! I was planning on doing sugar cookie wrenches, hammers, etc, which still would be really cute and a great addition, but these just added the extra touch as they could really pick things up and play with them. I designed some "flags" I used them on these, but the party flags could also be used for cupcake, drinks, straws or a napkin ring wrapper.



Each guest received a "tool box" to load up their "sweet tool" in!





We had a couple different "Nut & Bolts" options. I packaged the gummy rings and made sugar cookie nuts and bolts. 

For the nuts I made Philips and flat headed screws. I thought they were so cute! I placed them all in a metal wire basket for them to grab a few and put in their tool boxes.





Favor toppers filled with cheese balls.... Do you bite into yours while they are crunchy or suck them until they are soft. It is habit for me since I was little to suck them until they are soft! 


I wanted the Thank you sign to look like it was bolted on, so bolts and screws are seen at the corners like it is holding it together.


 I swirled white and orange frosting to give the cupcakes a little color.




 The cake was frosted very simply, then we added our mini construction signs like Birthday Ahead, Detour- Birthday in Progress, Boys at Play and name and age. To connect all the signs I used Crazy Straws that I found in the Art Institute of Chicago museum shop {I love museum shops! they always have such fun and quirky these that are just fabulous!} I bought 2 packs and used some here on the cake and more as the straws for the drinks

I used the strawz as the frame to place all the mini signs on! It was fun to create the backing and connecting all pieces together!




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder